ODFW Recreation Report Highlights
Enjoy free fishing, and clamming, June 2-3
June 2-3 is Free Fishing Weekend and you won’t need a license, tag or endorsement to fish anywhere in Oregon that’s open to fishing. Trout, bass, rockfish, crappie, salmon, clams – take your pick! ODFW and its partners also will host several free trout fishing events throughout the state to help you and your family or friends get started.
It’s not too late to get your bird
There are still two weeks left in the spring turkey season – remember, hunters can harvest up to three turkeys a year. Check the Spring Turkey Forecast or area reports for updates.
Best bets for weekend fishing
Just a few of the highlights from this week’s Recreation Report:
- Early summer steelhead are being caught in the Siletz River.
- It’s worth repeating, trout fishing has been amazing on Diamond Lake.
- Lost Creek Reservoir will be stocked with 10,000 rainbow trout this week.
- The spring Chinook run is getting serious on the North Fork Santiam.
- Henry Hagg Lake and North Fork Reservoir will be getting 10,000 trout this week – EACH!
- The Powder River below Mason Dam has been stocked with 9,000 trout.
- Spring Chinook fishing is heating up on the Umatilla River.
Missed the controlled hunt deadline
You can still purchase a point saver beginning July 1 to gain a preference point and improve you future chances.
Ladd Marsh Bird Festival – May 18-20, La Grande
The Ladd Marsh Bird Festival is a friendly, relaxed birding opportunity for the whole family. Held at the ODFW Ladd Marsh Wildlife Area near La Grande, it coincides with the height of spring bird and nesting in the Grande Ronde Valley. See more details and register here.
Women’s Fishing and Outdoors Clinic – May 26, Troutdale
This is your chance to network with other women who enjoy fishing, hunting, foraging and other outdoor pursuits. Find more details at Women’s Fishing and Outdoors Clinic.
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net